More than 100 Cases to Trial Before Jury and Judge
Gal Pissetzky combines his vast legal knowledge with his superior understanding of the court systems to provide the best possible defense for his clients. He will listen to his clients, conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation, and analyze the applicable law in light of the specific facts in order to pursue the best defense possible.
From Gal's interview for the Masters of the Courtroom series on ReelLawyers.com.
"Litigation, arguing and advocating is my passion."
Mr. Pissetzky is a well-respected member of the legal community. He has represented many clients in high-profile cases, and is frequently quoted in the press. He regularly appears on TV as the legal consultant/advisor regarding high profile criminal cases.
Attorney Pissetzky devotes his life to defending the rights of those accused of a variety of state and federal criminal felony charges. Mr. Pissetzky has taken over 100 cases to trial both before a jury and before a judge. He has litigated Fourth and Fifth Amendment motions in which law enforcement violated his client's Constitutional rights. Mr. Pissetzky has handled multi-issue complex trials and appeals. He has argued before the Illinois Supreme Court, as well as numerous Illinois and Federal Appellate Courts. His practice focuses on defending clients of complex federal an state crimes, such as financial crimes, wire fraud, mail fraud, political corruption, medicare fraud, conspiracy, large-scale drug crimes, murder, attempted murder and other violent crimes, gun offenses, sex offenses, as well as any criminal forfeiture proceedings that occur as a result of the criminal charges.
He has been vigorously representing clients in both the state and federal court systems for well over 20 years. Located in Chicago, he represents clients throughout Illinois and the country. Mr. Pissetzky prides himself on providing superior client service. He is truly dedicated to protecting the rights of his clients and preserving their future.
Mr. Pissetzky began his successful career as a defense attorney in 2002 after spending four years with the Cook County State Attorney's Office. He obtained his J.D. from the John Marshall Law School. He is a member of the Illinois Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Illinois Active And Authorized To Practice Law 2000
- Partner at Pissetzky Law LLC (2006-present)
- Partner at Meczyk & Associates (2002-2006)
- Assistant State's Attorney at Cook County State's Attorney's Office (2000-2002)
- J.D., John Marshall Law School, Chicago Law, 2000
- B.A., University of Illinois, Chicago Criminal Law and Political Science, 1997
- Rising Star Super Lawyer™, 2011
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2009
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers American Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- Cum Laude John Marshall Law School, 2000
- Honors University of Illinois, Chicago, 1997
- "10 Best Client Satisfaction" attorneys by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- "Top 100 Trial Lawyers: Illinois" by The American Trial Lawyers Association
Discuss your charges with Mr. Pissetzky today by calling (312) 883-9466.